Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Short and sweet

I read this story today on MSN about a woman who called 911 THREE times because her local McFat place ran out of chicken McNuggets. I just shook my head. When you do insane stuff like that, you know you have a serious food addiction. I never did that because I had a minuscule thread of dignity left in me. I couldn't get caught out on front street like that. Not when I could go to Smart&Final or Costco, buy one of those humongous bags of breaded chicken nuggets and bake them until they were all nice and toasty. Then I could eat without anyone seeing me devouring a whole pound of saturated fat and cholesterol-laden nuggets smothered in barbecue sauce. And I bought a pint of coleslaw just to have some veggies and make it "full meal deal", topped off with either cookies and milk or Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Hey, no need to bring the police into it when you can get your own food fix. Confessions of a food addict. It's a miracle that I topped out at 400 instead of 500 or 600 pounds. Thank God Almighty I don't have to live like that anymore.

I'm only one bite away from being as crazy about food as that woman. I don't take my recovery for granted. Food addiction KILLS people.

Woman has 911 meltdown over McNuggets
Fla. police say she called emergency number 3 times after store runs out

updated 6:19 p.m. PT, Tues., March. 3, 2009

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - Authorities say a Florida woman called 911 three times after McDonald's employees told her they were out of Chicken McNuggets.

A police report says 27-year-old Fort Pierce resident Latreasa L. Goodman told authorities she paid for a 10-piece last week but was later informed the restaurant had run out.

She says she was refused a refund and told all sales were final. A cashier told police she offered Goodman a larger portion of different food for the same price, but Goodman became irate.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn’t have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don’t want one," Goodman told police, according to The Stuart News. "This is an emergency."

Police say Goodman was cited on a misuse of 911 charge. A current phone listing for Goodman couldn't be found.

A McDonald's spokesman says Goodman should have been given a refund, and she's being sent a gift card for a free meal.

Angela's post script: Latreasa didn't need a gift card. That's like giving a crack addict free rocks because you know she'll buy more. That woman needs help, not more of that garbage that is turning her body and brain into a gelatinous mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, except when they are nasty.