Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oprah's Weight Gain

Food addiction. Plain and simple. It doesn't matter how much money you make, how much you exercise, how many fitness coaches and chefs you have...they aren't there when you put a little bit of this and a little bit of that in your mouth, then wonder why you gain five pounds in a week. The food addicted mind conveniently forgets all those little bits, and eats healthy in front of the world. How do I know? Been there, done that. I don't have Oprah's money, chefs or fitness coaches, but I've had plenty of dieting experience and programs, psycho and hypnotherapy, New-Age healing, the strongest anti-depressant medication prescribed for clinical depression (and one side effect is noticeably decreased appetite, which never took place), AND Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in 2002. And I still gained weight. I can't openly talk about what HAS worked for me (but I can if you email me at the address listed in my profile), but I can say that I know what Oprah has been going through. And I hope she finds the solution I've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, except when they are nasty.